Friday 23 October 2015

Line

Task - Draw a chosen image 20 times using only line work.


Using Quink for the first time was great! I really enjoyed the fluidity of the mark making and tones I experimented with.


Drawing the Circus performer was enjoyable to start with but after the first few drawings I ran out of ideas of what media to use to make them different. Blind drawing was a lot of fun and I actually really like how playful the outcome was, it suggests his movement and stance in a way I was not able to communicate fully in previous drawings.



Line Presentation


I was inspired by Matt's Line Presentation which included work that was less refined. I always struggle with being completely free to draw as though no one will see the outcome, although I am starting to realise that this is very important in order to explore and produce effective visual research. I have seen a difference already in the way I approach a task/project and feel that I am gaining confidence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment