Wednesday 11 April 2018

Progress


I started off with the mask idea for this project. Themes of hidden identity, drama and persona all tie in well with this motif. The curtain is also a main feature of the overall design so far. I felt that this is also a big indicator to the performance theme in general and also provides an idea of the stories being behind and in front of the curtain.



As I continue with this project, and although we have already been taught about visual metaphors within the course, I am now realising the power of people's associations with particular motifs and the impact this can have when trying to indicate and suggest a narrative to an audience.
Distinguishing the main themes and tone of what I want to convey has also become apparent, without me really noticing, these are the things I look for immediately when receiving a brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment