Thursday 5 April 2018

Monkey Scene Development

Monkey development



In my rough for the image, I hadn't really thought about the monkeys as character designs, they were a bit boring and representational of real monkeys to start with, which didn't fit in with the rest of the imagery. Because of this, I began working on the expressions and faces of the monkeys in relation to the other characters and what would work well for an overall illustration.


I also added more detail to the wings and made the faces of the monkeys a different colour to the rest of their bodies, to break it up a bit and make them feasible characters in their own right. I made a concious decision to make all of the monkey characters slightly different, so although they are obviously all similar - they have their own expressions and individual characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment