Thursday 1 March 2018

Young Poets Binding Design


Final Cover Design
I had a lot of fun with this idea. I tried to incorporate elements of Stratford in the form of architecture, which I associate with the location and also Shakespeare who is obviously well associated with the topic of poetry and writing in general. The brief also specified a bright and vibrant cover, which is something I don't often do.


Back Cover
Due to time restrictions and in order to save room for the text to be included on the back of the book, I kept the design quite simple. Using the lines from the cover I just carried these onto the back, as well as replicating the texture and lighting. I added some lines (thinking about lined paper) to add a bit more depth and make it less boring. I am pleased with the design, and especially how I was able to learn a bit more about hand drawn type on Photoshop, thank god for the new smoothing tool!



Mock ups
Putting a design onto an actual mock up of a book cover helps me to visual whether or not it works in a real life setting. Overall I am pleased with the way this one turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment