Thursday 15 March 2018

Pages 11/12 Development

Initial Rough - Changes
I find it a lot easier to describe lighting in black and white. Starting off with digital roughs I painted and drew elements in over the top, as the image developed my initial concept changed slightly to include more depth - by adding in hills and sky in the background.


Too muddy
My idea to start with was to make the image quite dark and spooky, but as I progressed it just looked a bit too muddy which wouldn't work very well for a children's book. I still wanted to describe tone but in a more aesthetically pleasing way.



After adding in some figures I decided to create the scene without them for a while, I wasn't so sure about the placement of characters at this point.


Lighting has become a really integral part of the way I view scenes. As shown here, the consideration of light and shade can completely transform an image. This is something I will continue to explore and experiment with.

No comments:

Post a Comment