Friday 23 March 2018

Roughs 1-6 In Progress

Page 3/4
The cyclone is perhaps one of the most iconic parts of the Wizard of Oz story, and I liked the idea of having things looking like they were spinning around in the air, being pulled in by the cyclone.

Page 5/6
I really enjoyed playing around with angles for this one. I wanted to include Dorothy and the witch's feet. After going through a few different ideas I decided this was my favourite. It's also quite unusual for me to do a bird's eye view image.

Page 7/8
Again, I have been looking at different compositions and more interesting ways of illustrating different moments of the story for all the images. I wanted the focus of this one to be of the shoes, again another iconic part of the story. Also, after researching the original story I learned that the shoes are actually silver, so I think I need an image which clearly resembles this.

Page 9/10
I think I might re-do this image. I'm not too sure about the overall composition, it's a bit predictable. However, I'm happy with the characterisation of the scarecrow.

Page 11/12
I wanted the focus of this image to be of the yellow brick road. Although again, I like the angle, but want to change the composition slightly so it's more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment