Wednesday 21 March 2018

Editorial 2 - GIF


I had a great time making this image. I like the scattered nature of putting all the objects in the frame. Right from the start I knew I wanted to make this into a GIF, so I made everything the whole size which enabled me to then move things around more easily! Working with the theme of collecting things, I used a lot of my own personal things I collect as inspiration - most of which are sentimental things such as hand written letters, little notes, photographs and tickets.

GIF

For some reason I always feel a sense of freedom when only working with objects and not people. I also think that this means a viewer is able to put themselves into the context of the image, rather than relating to a given figure. I tried to give more of a generalised representation of the people included in the photos for this reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment