Monday 5 December 2016

Vectorising Roughs


Silhouette
After doing the quick Photoshop test I liked the effect of things happening within a silhouette image. I thought that the best way to tackle this would be to use vectors in Adobe Illustrator. I like the clean lines you can get using this method.


House
I tried out a few different shapes for the house, then played around with the addition of windows in cream to the black silhouette. I ended up putting multiple windows on three parts of the house to make it look more like a grande house as described in the book.


Which Silhouette? - Path
During the roughing stages, I had a couple of different ideas as to what silhouette I could use on the path. I am still working on this and haven't really settled on one I am happy with yet.


So far, this silhouette is my favourite for the path. I think because it includes a figure it suggests more of a narrative. I think I will play around with this more and think about what else would work for the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment