Monday 12 December 2016

Developing Scene 1


Figure
Developing my ideas from my roughs, I drew out the potential figure for the harp player. I wanted her to look like she is actually playing the instrument. Also, I wanted to take the fashion of the era into account. Making the figure's dress more detailed (right) was a way of me trying to communicate this. I want to make the harp out of paper, but I need to think of a way to make the strings as that may be too fiddly. 


Decor & Materials
I did a few tests with the materials I am using in my sketchbook. I discovered the power of using tracing paper to enhance shadows and textures so this is something I will include in my illustrations. Hopefully the layering technique will work the way I want it to. I am not too sure on the colours at the moment, but I will continue to use them and maybe edit them digitally at the end to really experiment with colour scheme.


Wallpaper Pattern
Painting the paper and adding my own textures is something I want to include. Here I painted a very subtle wallpaper pattern, with the intention of using this as a background for the window and other elements within the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment