Sunday 18 December 2016

Illustration Friday - Rock


Word of the week - Rock
16th December 2016

With all the work I have to do at the moment I wasn't sure whether I would do the Illustration Friday this week, but when I saw that the word was 'Rock' I really wanted to take a break from the studio briefs and have a go at tackling it.

Process

There were a few ideas I could go with when looking at the word 'Rock'. At first I thought of an actual rock, then seaside rock and then rock music. Rock music is the theme I thought would be most interesting for me to explore, especially as the words for the previous weeks have been a bit mundane. Thinking around the topic, I remembered my dad showing me the jacket he used to wear when he was younger (biker jacket with rock band patches) and wanted to do something with that. I really enjoyed the process of placing the imagery within the frame and choosing colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment