Wednesday 14 December 2016

Colours & Composition


Starting to finalise the layout of my book

Me & Lino are on a break!
As much as I have enjoyed learning how to use lino as a method of print that seems to work have worked well within my practice, I will be happy to see the back of it for a bit. Aside from having a couple of accidents and my hand permanently aching, I look forward to trying new ways of working using the skills I have learned through printmaking, eg. Digital.




Colours
I have settled on using purpley blues and pinks. I think this reflects the themes of mystery and magic which Shakespeare's plays I have focused on during this term. I want to use darker blues towards the end of the book to reflect a darker atmosphere.

Composition/Digital Skills
Using motifs throughout the concertina has been very helpful in working out the placement of where I want to put things within the frame. I have probably learned the most about digital media during this module which has fed in to the rest of my work for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment