Thursday 19 October 2017

Comfort Zones - Task

  • The development of the media I tend to go to immediately, is largely to do with my process. At the moment, I work largely with digital media and Photoshop brushes for final outcomes. Roughing is also a large part of my practice and something I really enjoy as part of refining ideas in my sketchbook. I feel that this is one of my strengths, as well as being able to produce work that is aesthetically pleasing, carrying narrative and tone. However, I feel that my practice somewhat lacks conceptually driven ideas which is something I want to think about more this year - is it enough to focus on tone/atmosphere?
  • Working with analog media is something I miss about my practice, I spent so long trying to hone in on my digital skills that it has been a while since I painted. I still draw a lot in my sketchbooks but I feel that maybe I loose a bit of charm in my work when using completely digital techniques. Hopefully I rough out my ideas enough that I keep my own 'visual signature' of portraying a feeling/setting even when working in Photoshop.
  • Looking over my more recent work, the subject matter is mostly to do with time periods. I enjoy the detail and research required when working with a specific era, usually the Victorian era. I think it could be interesting for me to start looking into other time periods, e.g. futuristic. I don't want to become a one trick pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment