Wednesday 9 May 2018

Revised Designs - Winning Submission

My design was chosen as the winning submission! I am really surprised but happy that I have the opportunity to work on a brief in this area. I am a big fan of performance and theatre so I'm excited to develop my ideas further using this subject matter.


Final Design
I made a few changes to the original design after meeting with the art director of the Northern Opera Group. He suggested that I make the red more of a theatre red, as people can associate with this more. I also added a shadow behind the figure of the Chinese conjuror. They really liked the idea of separating the images into three and will utilise this idea when announcing each event. He also asked me to produce the same image in a few different formats - as shown below.


Square Design
I moved things around within the frame so that it fit nicely within a square, for social media purposes.

A4 Poster Designs
I also applied the design to work across the three final posters.


 Facebook Header


Twitter Header


Website Header

Another thing I was asked to do was to appropriate the main image to fit into the dimensions of different headers for social media. Application is something I have thought about before but never really used properly in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment