Wednesday 2 May 2018

Image 2 Roughs, Tests & Development


Whilst reading through the original story, I really liked the descriptions of the scene with the pack council on council rock. When reading it I could imagine the scene as a whole and the light created by the full moon, shining down on figures of wolves.

I started off with the general shapes of the scenery to try and gage the tones of each part of the image and how it would work as a whole illustration.

To see where each wolf could go I put in little shapes. I was a bit nervous to draw them in as I didn't know how detailed I wanted to make them eventually, or what the shape would turn into. I wanted to include Mowgli's face as his back is facing us in the first image.

I added the ears and tails to the original shapes of the wolves which made them come to life a bit more. In the text they are described as being different colours so this is something I was thinking about in the back of my mind when developing the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment