Wednesday 31 January 2018

Renewi Brief - Mural Roughs

Renewi Mural Brief
Create 6x Mural designs for an education centre.

Although mural designs aren't really relevant to my practice, I wanted to experiment with the subject matter of this brief. Historical themes really interest me, so when choosing out of six time periods I chose the earliest ones, which included stone age Britain, the Roman conquest and world war II. Working with a subject matter I feel passionate about really dictates the way the project develops. If I am enjoying it, I find that I experiment and play a lot more - whereas if I get a bit bored I am quick to finish the project and settle for a more obvious and less interesting outcome.


Sketchbook Roughs
I drew out a few initial ideas around the themes in my sketchbook first, before moving over to digital methods. As the size of the murals are so big, I felt that producing them digitally would be the best way of presenting them.


Stone Age

Roman Conquest

World War II

No comments:

Post a Comment